Sunday, 20 February 2011

Interviewed! Mademoiselle


It's finally back! Yes, Interviewed returns once again, this time I was speaking to the lovely Hannah of Mademoiselle. Enjoy :)




Why did you start blogging and where did the name come from? 
I started blogging after applying to intern for College Fashion, one of my favorite blogs. I wasn't old enough to be accepted as an intern, but Zephyr Basine, the editor, encouraged me to start blogging on my own to get experience. I started Mademoiselle that day and haven't looked back! Mademoiselle is named after the French word for "miss". I chose the word to sum up my love for speaking French and the coveted je ne sais quoi style so many French women seem to possess.

What one word would you use to describe your blog?
Relatable. I'm a suburban high school girl sitting in her bedroom, not Carrie Bradshaw!

What is your favorite thing about the Blogging world?
I love how supportive the blogosphere is! Sure, there are some rude commenters out there, but the majority are positive, uplifting, and friendly. I've "met" some wonderful friends through blogging!

Where do you find most of your inspiration?
A recent trip to New York totally changed my perspective on style. I'm also inspired by other bloggers and my friends. I just started an inspiration folder on my desktop to gather all my favorite images in one place. 

Who is your style icon?
I can't pick just one! I love literally everything Emily Schuman (from Cupcakes and Cashmere) wears. Her style is girly and romantic, but also a little edgy. I also admire Eva Chen's urban glam style (she's the Beauty and Health Director of Teen Vogue). TV characters are another favorite source of inspiration - right now, I'm digging Aria from Pretty Little Liars, Blair from Gossip Girl, and the classic Carrie from Sex and the City.


If you had a $1 million what would you buy?
First, I'd buy an Elie Saab gown and a J. Crew men's cashmere sweater in every color. Then I'd take my little sister shopping!

What is your favorite item in your wardrobe?
What a hard choice! I always find myself reaching for a simple cotton dress from Urban Outfitters. It's red with a muted floral pattern and has a flattering scoop neck and circle skirt. I get a ton of use out of it; I dress it up, dress it down, and wear it year-round.

Who is your favorite designer?
My favorite collections vary from season to season, but I always enjoy Jason Wu, Valentino, Cynthia Steffe, Dior, and Alice + Olivia. For accessories, Rebecca Minkoff makes my favorite bags and Miu Miu makes my favorite shoes.

What are you essential fashion reads?
For magazines, I love Elle and Glamour. My favorite blogs include Cupcakes and Cashmere, A Bit Coquettish, The Cut, and College Fashion. 

Do you have any D.I.Y. secrets to share?
I wish I did! Unfortunately, I'm not very crafty. 


Check out her blog, it really is charming.


Love Philli
xxx

Twitter | Bloglovin'

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails