Hi!
It's me, finally back. School has been so crazy, I've barely had a moment to breathe!
But I'm back now, so on with the post.
This week I have had the pleasure of interviewing Vahni from Grit and Glamour who is a real inspiration to me.
Why did you start blogging and where did the name come from?
I'm a writer and a fashion lover—and a bit of a techie, a gadget girl—so it was something that intrigued me, blogging. It felt like the perfect medium for me.
I was trying to think of a name that described me or my philosophy, and about that time I read an article that described the "grit and glamour" of a particular place. As soon as I read that, I knew that would be the perfect name
What one word would you use to describe your blog?
Unpredictable.
What is your favorite thing about the blogging world?
All the amazing bloggers I've connected with from all over the world! I love the conversations we're having, seeing so many talented minds coming together for discussion.
Where do you find most of your inspiration?
Probably fashion magazines. Followed by celebrity style. Followed by bloggers.
Who is your style icon?
Anna Dello Russo. Carine Roitfeld. Christine Centenera. Victoria Beckham. I can't pick just one.
If you had a £1 million what would you buy?
Lord...what wouldn't I buy?! First thing would be to finance my own ultra high-tech boutique. Then I'd buy black and camel-colored Hermés Birkins. Then I'd be sensible with the rest. I'd pay off debt and invest the rest.
What is your favorite item in your wardrobe?
Hmm. Probably my Mongolian lamb vest. The black one. I have two, but the black is my staple in fall and winter. I could live in that thing.
Who is your favorite designer?
Tom Ford. He is epic.
What are you essential fashion reads?
Harper's Bazaar, Elle, and style.com.
Do you have any D.I.Y. secrets to share?
No...as I've written in a recent post, I'm not a DIYer, I'm a buyer. I don't do DIY. I lack the skills and the time.
So guys, how awesome is she?
Be sure to check her blog out and watch her Friend Friday Posts which are always interesting and insightful.
Love Philli
xxx
Twitter | Bloglovin'




5 comments:
Thank you Philli! I am so honored!
♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com
twitter: @gritandglamour
Hey doll, thanks for the feature! It's lovely!
♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com
twitter: @gritandglamour
Hello! I just came over from G&G to read the interview. GREAT interview. Yeah, like you I'm a big fan of Vahni, and feel so inspired by her warm and very stylish blogging presence. Congrats on the interview. Maybe I'll see in on IFB's links ala mode next week. -Bella Q
Vahni is fantastic! Adore her blog. Great interview :)
♥ Leia
Thank you Bella and Leia!
♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com
twitter: @gritandglamour
Post a Comment