Wednesday, 25 August 2010

Blogger Interview! Vintage Birdy ♥

Hi, guys I am back, after a longlong break (sorry!) but I have exiting news... I got my GCSE results the yesterday, and my parents where pleased so they put some money towards a..... MACBOOK PRO!!!!
I have wanted one forever and it arrived this morning!
I love it :) I spent the whole day fiddling with the settings, changing the background, changing the trackpad settings, adding apps to my dashboard... any recommendations?

This weeks Interview is with Amylea of Vintage Birdy. Her blog is full of amazing vintage finds all perfectly styled by Amylea herself.


Why did you start blogging and where did the name come from?
I actually started blogging years ago. I started off with personal blogs that I only wrote for my friends to read and I fell out of blogging often because well, there was nothing to blog about. I wasn't into fashion back then! 'vintage birdy ♥' popped up in my head when I was trying to think up of a name for my fashion blog and this image of a bird outside it's cage creeped into my mind. It took me quite a while to finally settle with a blog name.

What one word would you use to describe your blog?

Vintage. :)


What is your favourite thing about the Blogging world?
The blogging world is amazing. There are all kinds of blogs out there. Doodle blogs, fashion blogs, rant blogs. What I like the most is that you can put anything you want in your own blog. Making it unique, and yours only.

Where do you find most of your inspiration?

I usually just use the internet for inspiration. Reading fashion blogs do help! Sometimes I go on eBay and admire the vintage dresses and sometimes I just search Google Images. But inspiration, for me, really, is everywhere as long as you seek it.

Who is your style icon?

My style icon...I can't name only one because it's difficult to choose a favourite! So I'll give you three: Pattie Boyd, Twiggy and Nancy Sinatra. I love Pattie's hair! The clothes she wore in the sixties were gorgeous. Same goes with Twiggy. She was a top model and wore A Line dresses, which I love! Also because Twiggy had a skinny frame, like me! I discovered Nancy Sinatra on Youtube after searching Frank Sinatra: her father. She's a wore a lot of go-go boots and dresses.

If you had a £1 million what would you buy?

If I had a million dollars, I probably wouldn't spend it straight away! But just for the fun of the question..I would spend it on making over my room, sixties style!

What is your favourite item in your wardrobe?

This question has got me stuck. It's quite tough to choose a favourite out of my wardrobe, because I adore lots of my clothes! I have many favourites so I'll name one of them. It's this gorgeous 50s/60s pink pleated junior dress I got earlier this month.

Who is your favourite designer?

Well...I don't really look into designers that much as I shop for vintage and not designer brands but I would have to say Erin Fetherston. Her pieces are so dreamy!

What are you essential fashion reads?

Lula magazine has got to be one of them. It is the most amazing, whimsical, beautiful magazine I have ever laid my eyes on. I used to be really into teen magazines when I was younger but now, they wouldn't even compare to Lula. Oh! And Archie comics, definitely! Do you know much inspiration you can get from it? Tons.

Do you have any D.I.Y. secrets to share?

I'm not very much of a DIY person I'm afraid! So no, I have no DIY secrets to share at all.

Thanks Amylea, make sure you check out her blog!

Love Philli

xxx


Twitter | Bloglovin'

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool interview! I especially enjoyed your answer about the blogging world: I also think that the best thing about blogging is the capacity of building a unique space on our own!
I follow you now!
XX
Catanya

SC said...

Hey just stopped by from Vintage Birdy's blog :D

Great interview!

I agree with her saying Archie comics have great fashion inspiration haha. Veronica and Betty are two very fashionable gals. And their outfits are always 60's-styled :D which is awesome.

Anyway great blog, hope to see more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails